onsdag 2 juli 2008

Prinsessan Lilian bloggar 12


I was having a quiet dinner (Champagne and oysters) when the phone rang. It was Gusty. Apparently he had second thoughts about me launching a new foundation and the suggestions I had in mind.
"Whatever you pick will make us look stupid, Lilian", he said.
"Ordinary people would understand that we're running a scam business. They would see through your foundation and through the idea of having a monarchy in a democratic country. There might be calls for a republic. I would have to get a straight job. For crying out loud!"

I could hear him sobbing, so I decided to scrap my foundation plans.
"Well, we can't have that, I guess" I answered him. I also like my privileges and I don't want to ruin anything. You know: Champagne should be cold, dry and preferably free.

However, there was still the problem with Maddy and her additional trips to the Côte d'Azur. Would I have to open my own purse? My clever Gusty promised to take care of it the usual way: Through the accounts in the Cayman Islands. Good job!

So there I was, sitting alone, nursing a glass of Champagne and wondering what I possibly could do with my life.
Silly me! I don’t know why it was so important to start a new foundation. I already have a freaking foundation! I realized that it was time to breathe some new life into Prince Bertil and Princess Lilian Sports Foundation.

God, it's already been 30 odd years since we started that foundation. I remember sitting with Bertie in the garden of Villa Solbacka talking about what kind of foundation we'd like to run. Our gardener, one cheeky bastard, suggested that we'd do something for starving children in Africa. Bertie and I laughed really hard for several minutes. Then we looked at each other and started laughing again. Good old Bertie even had tears coming out of his eyes.

After firing the gardener we settled for sports. That way Bertie could maintain his profile of someone who was interested in sports and got free tickets to the Olympics and all that, and I would have plenty of opportunities to take a closer look at gorgeous athletics. (I never told Bertie about that, but never mind.) Everybody was happy!

When Vicky grew up to be the understanding and caring woman she is, she also refused to have anything to do with starving kids and launched her sports scholarship presented every year at her birthday.
I must say that I'm a bit miffed about her handing out her sodding scholarship to all great men and women within the field of sports. I mean, who's left? Who would get this year's shit-load of cash from Prince Bertil and Princess Lilian Sports Foundation?

Earlier today I was thinking about sailing, which is a great sport available for everyone, but I couldn't come up with any names.
By the way, did you know that you might have to wait for 20 years in Göteborg before getting a place at the moorings where you can park your yatch? I'd say the situation is nothing but horrible. When are the politicians in that silly city going to do anything about that? Rich people will take their money and move elsewhere. How would you like that, you effing Westcoast-lefties?

Anyway, I really don't feel like looking around anymore for candidates. I hear my driver is starting up the limo outside. I'm off to NK for some serious shopping. So here goes:


These guys won. I don't know their names, I don't know where they're from and I don't know what they're up to (or into). Somehow I'm still going to send them a check.

Do you think I'm a nutcase? I couldn't care less.
I'm a princess you know, and what a say goes!

Luv,
Lil

Inga kommentarer: